Many employers offer charitable giving matching programs to their employees. These programs usually match your donation dollar for dollar to the qualified charity of your choice. If your employer offers a matching program, your donation could be twice as valuable to Marin Audubon Society. Check with your employer’s human resource department to see if they have a charitable giving matching program in place.
Planned gifts from your estate can help support Marin Audubon Society’s work in the future. There are many ways to do this, and it can be as simple as mentioning us in your living trust or will. If you would like to help in this way, you should consider one of the following:
- Bequest – naming Marin Audubon Society in your will or trust
- Retirement Plan – designating Marin Audubon Society as a beneficiary (the percentage of your choice) on one of your retirement plans or IRAs
- Charitable Gift Annuity – receiving a guaranteed lifetime income payment in return for a transfer of cash, stock, or real estate to Marin Audubon Society
- Charitable Remainder Trust – establishing a trust during or after your lifetime that provides income to the beneficiary of your choice (may be yourself), and the remaining value of the trust to Marin Audubon Society
- Life Insurance – naming Main Audubon Society as a beneficiary (or contingent beneficiary) on a life insurance policy
- Life Estate with Remainder Interest – gifting a future interest in an asset (example, a home) to Marin Audubon Society, while retaining the right to use it for your lifetime
Although not required, if you include Marin Audubon Society in your estate plan, we hope you will contact us so we can thank you, discuss the gift with you, and honor your wishes appropriately.
Introduce a friend or family member to Marin Audubon Society by purchasing a gift membership for them. The recipient will be acknowledged as a new member of Marin Audubon and will receive the same benefits as regular members.
Making a gift to Marin Audubon Society can be a wonderful way to recognize and honor a special event in the life of someone you care about. Weddings, anniversaries, and birthdays are the obvious occasions for making such gifts, but there are many other occasions when a commemorative or memorial gift would be a wonderful way to acknowledge and honor a shared value for the natural world.
Please contact Josephine Kreider (415) 381-1910 if you are interested in making a commemorative or memorial gift.
Gifting stocks, bonds, or mutual funds is an effective way to support Marin Audubon Society. Donating long term appreciated assets not only helps us, but it may also provide significant financial benefits to you and your family, including:
- Income Tax Savings
- Capital Gains Tax Savings
- Estate Tax Savings
To make a donation of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds, please contact Greg Block (415) 717-6453.